This award is near to my heart so I heartily encourage you to consider nominating someone for the SAA Archival Innovator Award:
Created in 2011, this award recognizes an individual archivist, a group of archivists, a repository, or an organization that demonstrates, through a combination of as many as possible of the criteria below, the greatest overall current impact on the profession or their communities.
- Creativity or innovation in approaching professional challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside of professional or institutional norms.
- Ability to translate creativity, innovation, and new thinking into working solutions.
- Development of an archives program or outreach activity that has an extraordinary impact on a community.
- Commitment to the advancement of professional knowledge through traditional or emerging information-sharing media.
Full details on the SAA website. There are so many people doing great work out there. This is your opportunity to help them get the recognition they deserve. If you have any questions about the criteria or eligibility for the award, please let me know and I’ll help you get answers.